Mhmmm, now this looks like a super yummy breakfast. I think I might do this recipe this coming Saturday. Anyways, lets find out how to make this recipe that I found on http://thingswemake.wordpress.com.
As said by the OP, “Its a light as a cloud, honey pancake that has whipped egg white folded in for extra oomph!” Now doesn’t that sound delicious?
To make a single serving, you will need the ingredients as followed:
- 1 large egg and 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup of warmed milk
- 1/4 cup of flour (plain will do, I used 00)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Soft fruits
- Heat the oven to 200°C (which I gather is around 392°F)
- Heat a small 6″ oven proof frying pan
- In one bowl whisk one egg white until it is white and peaky
- To make the main batter, in another bowl, mix the the other whole egg with flour, salt, honey, and vanilla then whisk in the warm milk
- Gently fold the egg white into the batter with a metal spoon
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in the hot pan
- Pour the batter in and cook on the hob (stove top) for a few minutes until starting to set at the very edge
- Sprinkle some fruit on top
- Bake the whole lot in the hot oven for 7 minutes until puffed up and golden
- Drizzle with honey
Last but not least, Eat and Enjoy!